Impacts of COVID-19 on Habitation Box
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to cause problems thru the entire supply chain. While we continue to try our best to remain well stocked for Habitation Boxes, there are some factors that are outside of our control. The entire home decor industry is experiencing inventory challenges. Please consider the following causes for inventory instability:
- The production time at factories has been greatly extended, sometimes by many months.
- Arrival ports are at full capacity. One recent report states that there are currently more than 190,000 containers waiting to be unloaded at the Port of Long Beach, CA.
- There is a shortage of shipping containers to import products with. Much space on container ships is filled with PPE, equipment, and other products that have had increased demand since the pandemic.
- Available space on container ships is scarce, making it hard to get merchandise here in a timely fashion as well as causing an increase in the cost of inbound freight.
- Rail time is extended once the container is unloaded.
While we will continue to do our best to replenish our inventory and stay well stocked, there are no guarantees. We place our orders 7-9 months in advance, and we are doing everything we can to keep Habitation Box in working condition.
Please see this article to learn more about the issues we are facing: